This is an easy route for people wanting to hike around the Kathmandu Valley. The highest point of the ridge, at 2732m provides stunning views of the city and its outskirts. Much of the trek is made through unspoiled old growth forests of oak, rhododendron and beech. Spotted deers, monkeys and jackals are seen along the trail. The trek goes through many beautiful villages. After Nagarkot, one of the most famous Everest view point of the valley we will continue until Panauti and Dhulikel through medieval villages, rice fields, terrace hills and magnificent view points like Dhulikel or Namo Bouddha. This easy walk will provide you charming glimpse of rural life.
>GRADE :Easy (grade explanation)
>BEST SEASON : All year
>MODE OF TREK : tea house
D- 1: arrival in Kathmandu and transfert to hotel.
D-2: visit of Kathmandu: Durbar Square and its bazar, temples, Royal Palace, the goddess Kumari’s home. Visit of the Buddhist Stupa of Swayambunath, one of the oldest religious sites of Nepal, worshipped by both Buddhists and Hindus.
Afternoon Visit of Pashupatinath, the “Benares of Nepal”, dedicated to the God Shiva on the Bagmati River and visit of Bouddahnath and its famous Stupa, one of the biggest in southern Asia.
D-3 : Kathmandu- Kakani by taxi and walk to Ale Danda : Kakani is located 29 kmnorth west of Kathmandu , it is a spectacular view point over the Himalaya. We walk to Ale danda along the ridge in the National park area. O/N in guest house
D-4 : Walk to Shivapuri ( 2732m) : We walk through the forest with spectacular views of Ganesh, Manaslu, langtang, Jugal Himal, Annapurnas. O/N in guest house.
D-5 : Breathtaking Sunrise in Shivapuri early in the morning then walk 4 hours to Chisopani : O/N in guest house.
D-6 : Walk to Nagarkot : we walk between villages and forests until the most famous view point of the valley in Nagarkot. O/N in Hotel.
D-7 : sunrise over the Himalaya then walk to Panauti via The villages of Nala and Banepa : 4/5h-O/N in guest house
D-8 : Visit of Panauti then easy ascent to Namo Bouddha Hill (3h): O/N in guest house.
D-9 : sunrise from Namo Bouddha for a stunning view over the Himalaya-descent to Dhulikel (2h).Transfert by taxi to Pharping , a major Buddhist site of the valley.
Visit of Dakshinkali dedicated to the goddess Kali and return to Kathmandu by taxi.
D-10 : Free at leisure
D-11 : Transfert to airport and return
Price/pers : Please write us with the number of guests. We will reply you as soon as possible.
- transfert airport – hotel and return, transport by land or / and by air
- nights in Kathmandu with breakfast (2 stars hotel )
- One day sight seeing with a registered cultural guide.
- full board accommodation on the trek (except fresh beverage like coke, beer… and sweet like mars, snicker…)
- guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons, 12 kg of personal belongings/pers so 24 kg for two persons) and their insurance.
- reconfirmation of the international flight.
- international flight, travel insurance taken in your country (accident /repatriation), lunch, diner in Kathmandu (about 5 to 8 euros/day/pers).
- nepali visa (40 $ cash, passeport must be valid 6 months after your return)
- your personal equipment (sleeping bag …).
- your own medicine
- expenses due to unforeseen situations (strike, flight cancelled…)
- entry fees for some cultural sites
| Trekking to Everest BC
Kathmandu to Lhasa
Everest Kangshung face trek
Everest base camp tour
| Hidden valley tour
Druk path trek
culture heartlands tour
| South India cultural tour
Romantic Goa tour
Golden triangle tour
| Trek in Rupshu
Trans Zanskar trek
Nubra valley trek
Lamayuru to Hemis