Karnali river is located into far west of Nepal: this is one of the most isolated and least explored areas of Nepal. This region offers some tremoudous challenges.
Karnali descends through the Himalayas after rising high in Tibet near Mont Kailash known as the center of universe by both Hindus and Buddhists.
After passing through a series of wonderful gorges and forests, the river emerges ont the plain of Terai, continues across the Royal Bardia wildlife reserve and the northern plain of India.
A trip on the Karnali combines a small trek and an exceptional rafting through tropical jungles with a possibility of a wildlife safari in the bardia national park.
For those who are looking for a long wilderness expedition.
>>GRADE : 4+/5 (difficult)
>>DISTANCE: 178 km
>>BEST SEASON: october to may
D-1: KTM-Surkhet by private tourist bus (20h) or KTM/Nepalganj (1h) by flight: from Nepalganj to Surkhet by bus.
D-2: small trek to Sauli the starting point of the raft.
D-3: some rapids grade 4: camp
D-4: rafting through gorges and jungles: grade 4/5 rapids
D-5 and 6: we continue through luxurious landscapes: some rapids grade 4/5(‘’God’s house ‘’).
D-7: rest day on the beach.
D-8 and 9: we leaves the gorges, the river widens and becomes more relax. Arrival in Chisopani and bus to Nepalganj
D-10: drive back to KTM or Bardia National Park or flight to KTM
- all transportation.
- government taxes/trekking permit (in case of trekking) and entry fees for the national parks.
- full board accommodation on the trek (in case of trek).
- rafting equipment, camping and cooking equipment, all meals.
- guide(s), porters (in case of trekking).
- international flight, travel insurance taken in your country (accident /repatriation}, your stay in Kathmandu.
- nepali visa (40 $ or equivalent in foreign currency, passeport must be valid 6 months after your return)
- your personal equipment (sleeping bag…).
- your own medicine
- expenses due to unforeseen situations (strike, flight cancelled…)
| Trekking to Everest BC
Kathmandu to Lhasa
Everest Kangshung face trek
Everest base camp tour
| Hidden valley tour
Druk path trek
culture heartlands tour
| South India cultural tour
Romantic Goa tour
Golden triangle tour
| Trek in Rupshu
Trans Zanskar trek
Nubra valley trek
Lamayuru to Hemis