Located on top of the Chukung glacier between Ama Dablam and Lhotse Mountains, Island Peak is the most sought after trekking destination because of its challenging geographical conditions. Each year more than 300 groups attempt to scale the summit of Island peak. This trek offers an excellent opportunity to climb a Himalayan Summit [6173m] together with an exhilarating Trek to the Everest Base Camp and Kala Pattar. The most difficult section is a mixed rock and ice wall at a slope of around 45 degrees leading to the narrow summit ridge.
The magnificent views from the summit, however, are certainly a fitting reward for your efforts. Before climbing Island Peak, we trek up the Dudh Kosi valley from Lukla, passing through Namche and Gokyo on our way to Kala Pattar and Everest Base Camp. After being rested and feeling physically fit and acclimatized, we then head up the beautiful Imja Khola valley towards Island Peak. Besides trekking adventure, we also get to witness pristine Sherpa villages and ever-so-serene monasteries. With ponderous memories of the trekking earlier done, we retrace our route back through Namche to Lukla, and from there on we fly back to Kathmandu. This trip can be done during March to May and September to December.
A physically fit and acclimatized person is well qualified to make an ascent over this Peak.
>ALPINE GRADE: PD/AD : The most difficult section is a mixed rock and ice wall at a slope of around 45 degrees leading to the narrow summit ridge.
D-1: arrival in Kathmandu and transfert to hotel.
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus.
2. Standard twin sharing accommodation in 2 star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included.
3. Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
4. All your standard Meals as per itinerary (breakfast, lunch, diner)
5. Hot drinks during tented camping.
6. Twin sharing tea Houses / Lodges, Guesthouses and Tented accommodation during the trek.
7. A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek and climb.
8. The required number of staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
9. Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
11. peak permit fees.
12. Garbage Deposit Fee.
13. General Climbing equipments such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc..
16. Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
17. All our government taxes.
18. Official expense.
1. Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu
| Trekking to Everest BC
Kathmandu to Lhasa
Everest Kangshung face trek
Everest base camp tour
| Hidden valley tour
Druk path trek
culture heartlands tour
| South India cultural tour
Romantic Goa tour
Golden triangle tour
| Trek in Rupshu
Trans Zanskar trek
Nubra valley trek
Lamayuru to Hemis