During trek your main luggage will be carried by porter or pack animals (usually yaks or cross breeds). You simply carry a day pack with water bottle, camera, sun-screen, spare jacket, etc. - a small load that allows full enjoyment of the trek. A trek bag is ideal for your main luggage, plus a small lockable bag for travel clothes or anything that you do not need during trek which you can leave at hotel’s locker room/safe deposit box in Kathmandu for free of charge. Weight allowance at Nepal’s domestic airlines is 15 Kgs, excess weight is chargeable at USD 1 or more per Kilo depending on sectors.
>>CARE FOR PORTERS & STAFF
We ensure that all porters and all other staff going into high altitude conditions are provided with adequate clothing and equipment.
We run the trek according to the guidelines of the International Porter Protection group (IPPG - www.ippg.net).
>>PORTER TREKKING POLICY
we appreciate the hard work our guides and porters perform, without them your trip would not be possible. Therefore we treat and obey the following Guide and Porter Policy to ensure the working conditions of our guides and porters are of a humane and fair standard. We continue to strive towards eliminating avoidable illness, injury and death. We ask that you follow our guidelines for ethical trekking and treat them as you would like to be treated yourself, after all they are only human.
- All our Guides and Porters receive Medical care when ill or injured.
- We provide basic accommodation for our guides and porters or tent with sleeping gear we also provided them food and warm drinks.
- We have insurance policies for each of our employees.
- We provide appropriate clothing for each season and altitude, ensuring protection from cold, rain and snow. This means windproof jackets, trousers, fleece jackets, long johns, suitable footwear, socks, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
- We never overload our porters, for us it’s not all about making money. We thrive on being able to employ local people; we respect and treat each and every one them as we would expect to be treated with the up most respect.
| Trekking to Everest BC
Kathmandu to Lhasa
Everest Kangshung face trek
Everest base camp tour
| Hidden valley tour
Druk path trek
culture heartlands tour
| South India cultural tour
Romantic Goa tour
Golden triangle tour
| Trek in Rupshu
Trans Zanskar trek
Nubra valley trek
Lamayuru to Hemis